We’ve been privileged to be working on a historic site in Staines.
So we’re looking back into history to tell the story of Staines West Station over the years
Opened on 2nd November 1885 the Staines West Spur carried passengers and freight to West Drayton until it’s closure on 29th March 1965.
The main station building was converted from a. Georgian house owned by Charles Waring Finch, a mustard mill owner in the town.
The single story block that housed the porters room and waiting rooms still stands today with a short section of the loop platform.
More to follow tomorrow…